John Lummiss, maintenance manager for the 100 plus acre GE Energy facility in Peterborough, overseas facility maintenance, safety and machine repair. John has purchased 25 industrial guarding systems from 360 Guarding since 2006. In 2007, as part of GE’s ongoing continuous improvement initiatives, a bobbin winder was identified as one machine where both productivity and safety improvements were required.
360 Guarding Challenge: Safeguard an 18 foot opening, with no overhead obstruction
John presented 360 Guarding with a unique challenge: Design and fabricate a safety barrier to cover and 18′ opening with no room for swinging doors and allow access for a crane to load an unload.
360 Guarding Solution: Providing the customer a custom solution
Jon contacted Darren Reid, one of the 360 Guarding Sales Representatives, to come out for a site visit.
Darren took the necessary measurements and proposed a solution, a Double hung Obstruction Free Slide Door (i.e. no track above or below). This allowed the necessary 18′ opening, yet compressed to a 6′ by 1.5′ footprint when access was needed.
An engineering drawing was created by 360 Guarding and forwarded to GE for review by their maintenance and production team. 360 Guarding firmly believes it is important for all stakeholders to have input at the design stage. The system was signed off, fabricated and setup in house for testing. This allowed representatives from GE to review and buyoff on the complete system prior to shipping.
- Conference Report: HNS 2013
- Small Business Rosters
- Welcome to ReginaBusinessBlog.com
- A Guide for Pros Who Want to Start Anew: How to Be a Better Professional
- Nadine of imynda Crochet Accessories
- A simple business with very little work
- The 3 Cs that will Enhance Your Business and Life
- Building a solid foundation for your business
- Effective Phone Calls with Potential Employers
- A Challenge to Recognise Great Service
- BUDGET YOUR SMALL BUSINESS COST
- The online search for home based businesses
- Traditional Interview Structures
- Looking for Machine Guards in Acadia Valley AB?
- Welding Cells, Tool Cribs and Storage Lockers in Acadia Valley AB?
- Tube Mill Guarding in Acadia Valley AB
- Looking for Wire Mesh Partitions in Acadia Valley AB?
- Looking for Conveyor Lines in Acadia Valley AB?